You might already take good care of your own oral health, but as a parent, you are responsible for helping to instill good oral health habits in your children as well. At Lacamas Dental, we want to help you instill those habits in your children by teaching them about preventative measures they can take at home and also by offering dental visits that will allow your children to remain comfortable during perhaps, an uncomfortable situation.
What You Can Do At Home
- Teach your children how to brush their teeth with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste. Let them practice brushing every morning and every night. If they need help, be there to make sure their teeth are cleaned well each time they brush.
- Floss your children's teeth if they are too young to do it themselves. If they are a little older, teach them the importance of flossing at least once a day and show them the proper way to do it.
- Purchase a new toothbrush for your child about every three months so that the brush can get the job done right. A worn out toothbrush will not effectively clean the teeth.
- Lay off the sweets. When your children ask for a snack, give them a healthy snack, such as raw fruits and vegetables.
- Schedule dental exams every six months for your children and make arrangements in your schedule to make sure to be at each appointment on time.
What We Can Do
- We will clean your children's teeth at each visit so that they leave the office without the plaque that they came in with.
- We will take x-rays to look deeper into the teeth to look for forming cavities or other oral health issues.
- We will provide sealants for those back molars that have deep crevices.
- We will perform dental procedures that will improve the oral health of your children.
Don't ignore your children's oral health. Contact us at (360) 896-5150 to schedule an appointment for your child today.